Places to visit and things to see
Just 10 minutes drive to the medieval Norman Abbey
and Abbey House Gardens
in Malmesbury, and within easy reach of the Cotswolds, Lovett Farm is an ideal place to stay.
- Only a short distance away the pretty village of Castle Combe
and the National Trust village of Lacock, used for the filming of
Pride and Prejudice and Harry Potter.
- Westonbirt Arboretum
with its beautiful assortment of trees from around the world.
- The historic houses and landscaped gardens of Bowood, Corsham Court,
Longleat House and Safari Park, Stourhead and Dyrham Park.
- Visit the beautiful Cotswolds. Tetbury with its abundance of antique shops.
- The world heritage city of Bath with its famous Royal Crescent, hot mineral springs, Roman Baths and Pump Room.
- The magical stone circles of Avebury
and Stonehenge, and
Silbury Hill, the largest prehistoric mound in Europe.
- Wiltshire White Horses.
- Swindon and the
Great Western Railway Museum and Designer Village.
Interesting local events
- The Womad Festival at Charlton Park, just ten minutes drive away
- The Badminton Horse Trials
- Gatcombe Park 3-day Event
- The International Air Tattoo at Fairford
- Motor racing at Castle Combe
There are a number of golf courses in the area - one just along the road -
and the Cotswold Water Park is only 15 minutes drive away. There is also
horse riding and fishing nearby.